Bates GX-8 Composite Safety Toe Side Zipper Boots 4276
Safe and comfortable footwear is extremely important for Air Force personnel who deal with potentially hazardous situations every day. Even the smallest thing can cause an injury without proper protection.
Whether you’re loading, refuelling or checking an aircraft on the flight line, you need boots that are approved for use in the highly specialized operating environment of military aviation.
Bates is a trusted name in regulation footwear and these Bates GX-8 Composite Safety Toe Side Zipper Boots (Sage)are compliant to United States Air Force regulations in every way—from their Wolverine Warrior leather uppers and slip-resistant rubber outsoles to their approved rating for protection against electrical hazards. These boots are ready for action in the air and on the ground.
- Sleek sage green Wolverine Warrior leather upper is Scotchguard-protected during an advanced tanning process that treats every fiber against dirt, kerosene, oil, liquid and other potential hazards
- Wolverine Warrior leather is much tougher than traditional cowhide leather and easier to clean. Washing uppers with soap and water and a gentle brush actually reactivates a special tanning protection shield on the surface of the boot
- Breathable mesh lining keeps feet cool and dry
- Non-metallic composite safety toe is ASTM F2413-05-rated to protect against compression injuries and puncture
- Tough YKK nylon side zipper allows for quick on-off
- Velcro zipper tab keeps boots zipped up at all times, also reducing risk of catching on items in and around aircraft
- Cushioned removable insert allows for quick aeration and regular cleaning
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole is ideal for preventing injury around spills or in wet weather
- Athletic cement construction provides extreme flexibility with a running-shoe-type fit and feel
- Electrical hazard-rated
- Non-metallic for security-friendly passage through foreign or domestic airports or other security zones
- Complies to US Air Force regulations