This is critical, major tactical ballistic eyewear for the toughest and most highly active ground troops. ESS wasn’t playing around when they designed the (APEL) Approved Land Ops Goggle; not only is it approved for use by the U.S. Army, it’s also issued to the troops. And, it’s one of the only ballistic goggles approved for use by the Army over prescription eyewear. And with thick 2.6 mm interchangeable high impact polycarbonate lenses, the ESS (APEL) Land Ops Goggles are built for battle.
It takes a lot to make tactical eye protection that meets strict governmental compliance, but ESS stepped up to the plate with the (APEL) Land Ops Goggles; they are battle-rated MIL-SPEC, exceed U.S. OSHA standards, CE EN166, and exceed ANSI Z87.1+ (2010) compliance for high mass, high velocity impact resistance, chemical droplet and splash protection, and defense against optical radiation. The ESS (APEL) Land Ops Goggles also exceed the tough U.S. MIL-PRF-32432 compliance for projectiles and ballistic fragmentation threats. Advanced ESS ClearZone FlowCoat means zero chance of fogging and superior scratch resistance for distortion-free optical clarity and 100% UVA/UVB blockage. The patented ESS full-perimeter Hi-Flow ventilation and filtration system, which allows in humidified air and filters out airborne particles, air blasts and splashes. An adjustable 40mm strap and open cell face padding means you’ll have enduring comfort all day/night, no matter where your mission takes you.
- U.S. Army APEL standard
- Interchangeable thicker 2.6mm high impact polycarbonate lenses
- One of the only approved goggles authorized by the U.S. Army for use over prescription eyewear
- Battle-rated MIL-SPEC, exceeds ANSI Z87.1+ (2010), exceeds CE EN166, and is MIL-PRF-32432 compliant
- Innovative ClearZone FlowCoat eliminates fogging and scratches
- Patented ESS full-perimeter Hi-Flow ventilation and filtration system
- Frame designed roomy enough to fit larger profiles, and over most eyeglasses
- Open cell face padding for enduring comfort all day/night