The Battle Staff SMARTbook, 6th Ed.
Get it as soon as:
As the only domestic publisher that exclusively produces military and federal agency recognized doctrinally based reference books, The Lightning Press brings an authoritative perspective to U.S. Army Operations and Planning. BSS6: The Battle Staff SMARTbook, 6th Ed. is the most recent update to the standard battle operations manual carried on U.S. Army bases across the world.
Author Norman M. Wade, a decorated veteran of the U.S. Army, discusses the U.S. Army’s framework for organizing and converting command and control into action. With the expertise only a servicemember can attain, Wade discusses the operational process in depth, with a keen focus on commanding the operational environment (OE) through making and articulating decisions, visualizing and describing operational approach and end state, as well as directing, leading, and assessing battle operations.
- Material Updates:
- The Operations Process ADP 5-0 (Jul ‘19)
- Mission Command ADP 6-0 (Jul ‘19)
- FM 3-0 (w/Change 1)
- Operations (Dec ‘17)
- Commander and Staff Organization and Operations FM 6-0 (w/change 2) (Apr ‘16)
- Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield ATP 2-01.3 (Mar ‘19)
- Fires ADP 3-19 (Jul ‘19)
- Targeting ATP 3-60 (May ‘15)
- Risk Management ATP 5-19 (w/change 1) (Apr ‘14)
- Terms and Military Symbols ADP 1-02 (Aug ‘19)
- Author: Norman M. Wade
- ISBN 10: 1935886819
- ISBN 13: 978-1-935886-81-5
- Publisher: The Lightning Press
- Date: Aug 30th, 2020
- Edition: 6th
- Number of Pages: 360