The Battle Staff SMARTbook, 6th Ed.
As the only domestic publisher that exclusively produces military and federal agency recognized doctrinally based reference books, The Lightning Press brings an authoritative perspective to U.S. Army Operations and Planning. BSS6: The Battle Staff SMARTbook, 6th Ed. is the most recent update to the standard battle operations manual carried on U.S. Army bases across the world.
Author Norman M. Wade, a decorated veteran of the U.S. Army, discusses the U.S. Army’s framework for organizing and converting command and control into action. With the expertise only a servicemember can attain, Wade discusses the operational process in depth, with a keen focus on commanding the operational environment (OE) through making and articulating decisions, visualizing and describing operational approach and end state, as well as directing, leading, and assessing battle operations.
- Material Updates:
- The Operations Process ADP 5-0 (Jul ‘19)
- Mission Command ADP 6-0 (Jul ‘19)
- FM 3-0 (w/Change 1)
- Operations (Dec ‘17)
- Commander and Staff Organization and Operations FM 6-0 (w/change 2) (Apr ‘16)
- Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield ATP 2-01.3 (Mar ‘19)
- Fires ADP 3-19 (Jul ‘19)
- Targeting ATP 3-60 (May ‘15)
- Risk Management ATP 5-19 (w/change 1) (Apr ‘14)
- Terms and Military Symbols ADP 1-02 (Aug ‘19)
- Author: Norman M. Wade
- ISBN 10: 1935886819
- ISBN 13: 978-1-935886-81-5
- Publisher: The Lightning Press
- Date: Aug 30th, 2020
- Edition: 6th
- Number of Pages: 360