Ballistic Body Armor & Kits
Ballistic body armor and kits are essential gear for military service members in combat situations. That's why U.S. Patriot carries a carefully curated collection of top-rated ballistic helmets, ballistic plates, soft armor inserts, and kits designed to keep you safe when the heat is on.
$362.25 to $386.25 //www.uspatriottactical.com/shellback-tactical-rampage-2-0-active-shooter-kit-with-level-iv-model-4s17-armor-plates?PMWTNO=000000000003376&PMSRCH=
$362.25 to $386.25
$438.75 to $446.25 //www.uspatriottactical.com/shellback-tactical-banshee-elite-2-0-active-shooter-kit-with-level-iv-model-4s17-armor-plates?PMWTNO=000000000003376&PMSRCH=
$438.75 to $446.25
$202.50 to $285.00 //www.uspatriottactical.com/shellback-tactical-level-iiia-model-clciiia-soft-armor-plate-backers?PMWTNO=000000000003376&PMSRCH=
$202.50 to $285.00
$675.00 to $682.50 //www.uspatriottactical.com/shellback-tactical-banshee-elite-2-0-lightweight-armor-system-with-level-iii-lon-iii-p-plates?PMWTNO=000000000003376&PMSRCH=
$675.00 to $682.50
$127.50 to $165.00 //www.uspatriottactical.com/shellback-tactical-prevail-series-level-iv-6-x-6-stand-alone-hard-armor-side-plate-model-4s17?PMWTNO=000000000003376&PMSRCH=
$127.50 to $165.00
$318.75 to $348.75 //www.uspatriottactical.com/shellback-tactical-shield-2-0-active-shooter-kit?PMWTNO=000000000003376&PMSRCH=
$318.75 to $348.75
BALLISTIC BODY ARMOR & KITS GUIDE
When the heat is on, proper body armor can mean the difference between life and death. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to decide what is appropriate for your given situation. US Patriot Tactical is here to cut through the chatter and help give you the confidence you need to get the job done safely and effectively.
TYPES OF BODY ARMOR
The first step in shopping for body armor is determining which type of body armor suits your situation. Ballistic armor is available in several different types of material, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Soft Armor Inserts: This type of ballistic protection is made from lightweight, flexible material encased in a weatherproof cover. Soft armor inserts come in various sizes and shapes to fit most body types.
- Composite Armor Plates: Composite plates are made by layering materials, such as steel, ceramic, and polyethylene, on top of one another. This method results in an extremely dense ballistic plate that is significantly lighter than traditional hard armor plates.
- Hard Armor Plates: Hard armor plates are designed to provide maximum protection against ballistic attacks. Made from ceramic or metal, this type of ballistic armor offers multi-hit rated protection against a wide range of threats.
Ballistic plates are also available in different shapes:
- Flat plates are designed to stop a projectile in its tracks. They also tend to be less expensive than single and multi-curve plates.
- Single-curve plates wrap around the torso, similar to a suit of armor breastplate from the medieval era. These are more comfortable than flat plates, but, unlike flat plates, projectiles can glance off of curved plates and cause secondary damage.
- Multi-curve plates provide a custom fit and feel when compared to flat or single-curve plates. These plates are fully contoured to allow more freedom of movement. Multi-curve plates are ideal for larger body types and female wearers.
Finally, the cut of the plate can vary, depending on its usage:
- Shooter's cut plates cover a wide surface area and provide enhanced protection against live fire.
- Swimmer's cut plates are lightweight and offer increased flexibility and mobility.
Check out the US Patriot Tactical Blog to read more about how to choose the right ballistic protection for the job.
BODY ARMOR LEVELS
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) oversees the certification of ballistic armor to ensure conformity and overall safety. All military body armor must complete the Compliance Testing Program (CTP). The current certification is NIJ Standard 0101.06 and groups ballistic protection into 1 of 5 levels:
- Level IIA tested against 9mm FMJ RN and .40 S&W FMJ
- Level II tested against .357 Mag JSP and 9mm FMJ RN
- Level IIIA tested against .357 Sig FMJ FN and .44 Mag SJHP
- Level III (Rifle) tested against 7.62mm FMJ (M80)
- Level III (Rifle) tested against 7.62mm FMJ (M80)
- Point Blank Level III Shooters Cut Armor Plate
- Shellback Tactical Prevail Series 10" x 12" Level III Hard Armor Plate Model LON-III-P.
- Level IV (Armor Piercing Rifle) tested against .30 cal M2 AP
IS BODY ARMOR LEGAL?
In the US, it is legal for private citizens to purchase ballistic protection in all 50 states. Some states have special requirements, such as in-person purchasing, while many other states allow body armor to be purchased online. However, US Patriot Tactical restricts the sale of body armor and related products to public safety professionals, military service members, and security officers. For more information, please check out our Restricted Items page.
All body armor purchases are final. US Patriot Tactical does not accept returns of body armor for any reason. Purchaser assumes all responsibility for compliance with local, state, and federal laws regarding the possession of body armor. Please see our Shipping and Delivery page under the Body Armor Policy section for additional information.
If you have an account with us please enter your user name and password below and we'll log you in!