Air Force OCP Uniform
The Air Force is transitioning to the OCP uniform. It will be the mandatory uniform beginning April 1st, 2021. Do not mix ABU and OCP items during the transition.
This uniform is intended for all-purpose wear.
You may wear this uniform:
- Off base for short convenience stops
- Eating in restaurants where people wear comparable civilian attire.
You may not wear this uniform:
- To restaurants where diners wear business attire
- To bars or other places that primarily serve alcohol
- Do not starch
- Light ironing is authorized to maintain a military appearance
- Dry cleaning and steam pressing are not authorized and will cause the fabric to wear down faster